The case study of Nike-OkundayeSeptember 1, 2022
THE KEY LEARNING POINTS FROM A TRAINING SESSION ON, PRINCIPLES FOR SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURSHIPSeptember 7, 2022
The key learning points from today’s training on, Principles for successful entrepreneurship with Dr Henrietta Onwuegbuzie are as follows:
- Impact investing makes CSR obsolete because it has social responsibility built into the core strategy of the business.
- Do not put fundraising first, start with what you have.
- Debt is usually not good for start-ups and is more appropriate for expansion.
- Do not sign any document without having a lawyer review it.
- Focus more on meeting customer needs than on imitating competition.
- Lead by example. Role model behaviours you wish to see.
- Have financial discipline! Live within your income(salary) and note that profit is not your salary.
- Spirituality helps to guide your moral compass: Before the moment of temptation, state clearly who you want to be, what you will do, and what you must never do.
- Business has a transcendent side to it: You can never do good without getting rewarded.